Floor coverings in contemporary layout are represented by means of a number of substances, many of which resemble natural wood in their own characteristics. The top position among this chic assortment is accepted by tiles . It’s manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. As a result of abundant selection of textures and colours, such floors look spectacular and stylish, and match with almost any style of room design.
Advantages and disadvantages
The massive need for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained not only by their presentable appearance, but also by a range of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural sound timber, therefore it’s frequently employed as the main component for decorating flooring.
One of the positive properties of this material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coat doesn’t wear off and does not lose its allure even after 50 years;
- security in application. The boards are resistant to high temperature fluctuations, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. The material is impermeable to water, therefore it’s not a favorable place for the formation of fungus and mould;
- excellent thermal insulation. Such coatings are suitable for the system”warm floor”, as they consist of clay, which at high temperature is able to conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles are 1poshtoram.ru not poor to flooring made from natural wood or stone.
No matter how ideal this substance is, it isn’t devoid of disadvantages.
The main disadvantages of artificial laminate can comprise:
- The high price. The product, that may last over a dozen decades is pricey, but in performance, these costs are sure to pay off;
- low rates of sound insulation.
In addition, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
As for porcelain stoneware, it’s made from special types of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of pure stone. The result is a lasting and beautiful ending material.
The 2 types of boards exactly replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but occasionally square ones are readily available.