AED (Authorising Engineer & Design Ltd) is managed by an experienced Chartered Electrical Engineer for both High Voltage (HV) and Low Voltage (LV) Systems with knowledge and expertise in the building services industry.
Authorising Engineer Duties
AED provides independent, discipline-specific Authorising Engineers to take responsibility for the effective management of high risk systems within buildings.
AED provides Authorising Engineer services in the following disciplines:
- Electrical HV/LV – in compliance with HTM 06-02 & 03, JSP375 or company-specific Safety Rules
- Confined Spaces – in compliance with JSP375 or company-specific Safety Rules
Other disciplines can be covered by utilising the services of specialists in these fields.
We review your existing procedures, develop Safe Systems of Work, develop Electrical Safety Rules, review HV & LV switching procedures, audit your operational procedures, assess and appoint suitable Authorised Persons to manage the risks on site.
We undertake audits, surveys and provide on-going advice and support.
Clients & Projects
Since 1995 we have set up, implemented, audited safe systems of work and acted as an AE for a number of clients including British Airways, BBC, DVLA, Norwich Union, Interserve, Land Securities Trillium, RBS, Virgin Media, NATS, M&S, various Health Authorities. AE services have been provided to:
- Royal Victoria Hospital Newcastle
- Freeman Hospital Newcastle
- Cumberland Infirmary Carlisle
- Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation
- Tunbridge Wells Hospital
- Northampton General Hospital
- Worcestershire HNS Trust
- Northwick Park Hospital
- Ealing Hospital
- Poole Hospital
- Newcastle Trust
- HSBC critical sites
- Jaguar Building Services
- Virgin Media
- Carphone Warehouse
- Various shopping centres
- BA commercial, industrial and hangar facilities
- BBC commercial sites
- DVLA major sites
- Sainsburys offices and data centres
- Marks & Spencer
- Power Testing
- Digital Realty
- Zenium Technology